Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Last 11 Days

Hello!

Ministry in Kathmandu has concluded for this leg of our trip. We have enjoyed spending the last 11 days here, but tomorrow morning we are hopping on a couple of buses and heading to Pokhara!

Our team has been fantastic. They have been devouring the ministry opportunities we have given them. Our mornings have been spent in quiet times and small group times while our afternoons have been devoted to ministry. We have traveled to many villages, doing performances and sharing our faith with the Nepali people. We have also spent time at an orphanage, a leper colony, and a home for girls rescued from sex trafficking where we spread the love of Jesus by building relationships. It has been exciting to see our team stretched and grown on these days.

Kelsie and I have been doing well. We are LOVING Nepal. It has been a very different experience traveling with Royal Servants while having a wife with me. A wonderful but tricky experience. We don't necessarily see each other as much as you might expect. Kelsie has spent several days at the hotel with sick girls while I have been with the team doing ministry. For me, that is just fine. I'm very independent and not in need of constant attention/affection. For Kelsie, this was more difficult. So I have been having to learn that when we are together I need to commit my time TO her and not just be in the same place. Being in the same place together is not the same as spending time together. So we are learning how to do this together and it has been fun. I do have to go now for a team meeting but please keep us in your prayers. Health has been a concern lately and is one of our prayer priorities! Thank you (in Nepali, Dannyubad)

1 comment: