Saturday, July 3, 2010

Final Days.

Training Camp is wrapping up once again. Today is Parent Day when many parents, siblings, and friends will arrive and be able to watch the skills groups our students have been working on all week. Tomorrow is tear down day at the end of which the hayfield will once again look like a hayfield. And on Monday the Ireland team will drive away from this place and board a plane heading for London, and then Dublin. So exciting.

Our students have bonded very quickly and it's clear that we are a family. We win together, we lose together. In the words of Jack Shephard (LOST) "Either we live together, or we die alone." The Ireland Team is most definitely living together, and I am excited to see how God is going to use them to impact the communities in Londonderry, Skerries, Dublin, and London.

On a sad note I still cannot believe that Monday will be my last day on this field ever. I have spent time on this field every summer for the past 7 years and God has broken me here many times. I know in reality it is just a hayfield. But God has used it as more than that. It has been a jumping off point for my faith and for the rest of my life.

Thank you again everyone for all of your support, through prayer, finances, and care packages, I know that I have a solid support team behind me. Please be praying for our team especially on Monday as we head to O'Hare.

Ireland, here we come!
-- Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment